Saturday, April 16, 2011

Living creatures


                                                                                  Beauty With-in
                                                             23" x 22"  Mixed Media on Watercolor paper 300 Lbs


I never thought that at some point of my life , I will be painting birds... but they are now so present . I remember , that if someone had asked me to choose an animal to symbolize myself, the first animal I will have taken, will have been " Le Cygne" and I was not sure why!

When I was very young, four or five years old , I use to go to a parc named " Le Jardin de la Fontaine " in Nimes France
It is an amazing place, build on the vestiges of some Romain Bath, at the source of the Nemausus spring ,  Louis the XV had create a Renaissance looking place, so many years ago.

It was in 1970 when I came there for the first time and saw with my young eyes, my first swans .
I watched and watched, these beautiful birds with graceful necks and they so white feathers, moving like if they were magically sliding on the surface of the water...

They were huge powerful birds; graceful , elegant, noble, calm and so, courageous..., coming from a enchanted place
 they symbolized,
a lively representation of the light,
the beauty with-in.









                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment